1. Don’t expect everything to automatically fall into place this year. Good things are earned, not stumbled upon.
2. Eat healthier.
3. Cut out smoking and cut down the drinking.
4. Cut out negative people. You don’t need them in your life.
5. Listen to new bands. How varied were your 2017 playlists?
6. Work your way through the IMDB top-250 movies.
7. Call your elderly relatives more often. Loneliness is a huge issue for the older generation, and there’s no excuse not to keep in touch with your loved ones, no matter how far away they live.
8. Learn to be humble. Don’t brag about yourself to others. It always has the opposite effect.
9. Evaluate your current job. Ask yourself two questions: “Do I enjoy my job?”, and “Do I feel adequately remunerated for the work I do?” – If the answer to both of those is no, it’s time to talk to your boss or move on. You’re worth more than unfulfilling work.
10. Question everything you’re told. In a year of fake news and ulterior motives, nothing you hear or read can never really be taken at face value. Do your own research and have your own opinions.
11. Ask them out. If you’re single and there’s someone in your life who ticks all the boxes, it’s time to pop the question. Worst that could happen – they say no. We’re sure both parties will get over it.
12. Be more frugal. Download one of the many budgeting apps and actually keep track of what you’re spending where! All those pub visits and supermarket meal deals really add up.
13. Treat yo’self. Start here.
14. Participate in your favourite hobby/sport at least once a week. Life’s too short to miss out on your favourite things.
15. Go to a country you’ve never been before. Take in different cultures and try the local food.